Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Am


I'm the beauty that surrounds you

and the joy from deep within.
I'm the giggle of a little girl
With jelly on her chin.

I'm the soft rain on your upturned face
And the snowflakes on your tongue.
I'm the sleepy yawn and heavy eyes
Once lullabies are sung.

I'm the wisdom gained through aging
And the energy of youth.
I'm the one who's asking questions
Always searching for the truth.

I'm the waves upon the ocean
And the stones beneath the sand.
I am all you've ever needed
Just reach out and take my hand.

I'm the purring of a kitten
And the moonlight on your face.
I'm the silence of the forest
And the boundlessness of space.

I'm the love between two people
Truly sacred and profound.
I'm the leaves of many colors
Scattered blankets on the ground.

I'm the glory of a sunrise
Pink reflections on the sea.
And the wiggling of a puppy
Who is dreaming on your knee.

I'm the crackling of a fire
When winter's snows have settled in.
And the blessing of forgiveness
Giving up "what might have been."

I'm the coat of many colors
Adorning each one in their own.
I'm the promise of an Autumn feast
Once all the seeds are sown.

I'm the comfort of a Mother's kiss
Upon a scraped up knee.
I'm the peace that comes from knowing
That this all was meant to be.

I'm the dancing of a candle
On a table set for two.
And the note inside your lunch box
Simply saying, "I Love You!"

I'm the colors of the rainbow
Reflecting everything you see.
I'm the sadness overcome by joy
When something caged has been set free.

I'm what makes this life worth living
From the beginning 'till the end.
I'm the hope that comes from deepest faith
In what's just around the bend.

~ Holly Smith - 2008

No comments: